Titan not extruding correctly

Discussion in 'Titan' started by TstarkEngineering, Apr 29, 2016.

1. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

If you are using 1.75mm filament you will need to insert a short length (25mm) of 2mm internal diameter PTFE tube into the hole in the lever to improve the centring of the filament with the hob, A slight chamfer on the end angled in line with the hob curve will ensure a good alignment for softer filaments and make it easy to fit; the tube is that same as used for Bowden feeds.

Glob likes this.
  2. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

Thank you very much! After posting my cry for help, I've done exactly what you said. It seems to be perfect!

Thanks again!

mike01hu likes this.
  3. cozmicray

cozmicray Member

Titan & E3D V6 (with newer gear) just chewing up filament.
    Tried 3 different filament rolls.
    Just grinds a notch in filament (1.75mm)

Help?

4. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

There may be a couple of reasons. If printing starts then it may be that your retraction settings are to large; for the V6 retraction must be less than 2mm as this can cause jamming and grinding will be the result. If this happens immediately you start printing I suspect it is too small a first layer height and this will cause too much back pressure in the nozzle, again causing grinding. All of this assumes that the nozzle temperature is correct.

5. cozmicray

cozmicray Member

Not even printing -- just trying to get good squirt and calibrate feed?
    not doing retraction except to re-install filament or change filament.

Noticed temperature wacky
    but even if I set temp to 200C measured on thermocouple
    still get bad squirt

??? acceleration, Jerk ???
    Titan extruder: what should be settings -- step/mm , accel, jerk

=====DATA
    Repetier & accurate thermocouple meter
    5 is 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (E3D supplied)
    TEMP_SENSOR_0 5

set read
    170 136.6
    180 146.3
    190 155.3
    200 165.0
    220 182.0
    230 191.5

Temp C resistance K

140 131
    150 101
    170 62
    190 39
    200 31
    210 26
    260 15

6. cez

cez Well-Known Member

Did you solve the issue?

7. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Yes, I have several titans (BigBox and not) working well. Key is the proper hob and be careful in fastening the screws

cez likes this.
  8. cez

cez Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate on the screws?

9. Joey Mayday

Joey Mayday Member

Hi All,
    - Anet a8
    - Titan
    - e3d v6
    - Marlin extruder set to "5" (which was default) which matches E3d guide.,
    - Adjusted tension screw .5 turn of a time to find a sweet spot to no avail.

Description:
    Begins to extrude filament then after about 15-20mm it begins to grind. if the E steps are defined low enough (E95) it doesn't fine and works correctly but obviously not calibrated. I have noticed that as soon as the filament begins to extrude past the "pool" point it does seem to get more difficult to extrude by hand (but this just could be me pushing too hard) but still appears to extrude similar to my old setup.

I'm having the same issue as OP except I have the correct gear. Initially I found that the filament was offset in the extruder hob and needed to adjust the stepper gear to make room. Which helped but I'm still grinding filament.

If I have the stepper set from 100 to about 180mm it's fine but above that it begins to grind.

I'm using a pancake stepper which appears to be working correctly (not sure if it's something I should be looking at there)
    Not really sure where to go

HALP!

AntonioLaranjeira likes this.
  10. Joey Mayday

Joey Mayday Member

Update! !!!!
    Well I'm hoping anyway. Lowered the the feed rate to 5mm/s and it seems to be ok!

Glad I saw this thread.

Dear E3D dudes, you need to add this to the instructions! (if it's there then I missed it somehow)

11. kazik

kazik Member

Guys,

I think have the same problem with my Titan and v6. I'm fighting with that for some time and no clue where is the problem. The print is going fine for about an hour and after that it stuck (picture below). Normally filament extrudes smoothly when pushed by hand. Any clues? Maybe Titan requires some certain settings?

Any help much appreciated.

Greets

Marcin

[​IMG]

AntonioLaranjeira likes this.
  12. Ivan Riol

Ivan Riol New Member

Having same issues here, I can extrude the PLA Filament by hand very well, no issues... But the titan just clicks and doesn't push Filament, and I have tried about every position possible on set screw.... I bought to of these because I had gotten 2 Chinese knockoffs and thought they were no good and here with titan having same issues... Gggrrr

synergy41 and AntonioLaranjeira like this.
  13. Laurent CHENET

Laurent CHENET New Member

Hi, this forum shows (almost) no pictures at all. I read almost all, hoping for enough clues that would proove that my gear is one of those shewing ones (Bought it around 4 years ago). If it is, then I'd love to try again with one of those who are issued from a machine with healty blades ;-).

If the one I have is NOT one of the shewing ones... Then I'd love to know why almost every time I had a minute to try it with various, mostly PLA filament, multi brands etc... I was never able to finish a print because it either skipp... or work but grinds, or work but almost do not grind, then halfway the print, get back to the bad habbit and ruins my print.... It kindo cursed that machine that is always the last one I use...

So, can someone send me pics for the old/new ones ? Tkx!