Titan to Ultimaker Original

Discussion in 'Titan' started by jockspice, Feb 27, 2017.

1. jockspice

jockspice Member

Hi all,
    Newly joined and after a bit of advice.
    I love my Ultimaker Original. I've had it for almost 4 years and it is a solid workhorse of a machine, with one small downside, which is the extruder. I fitted the heated bed mod, looked after the machine and even the Ultimaker GB guys in Chorley commented on how good a machine it is when I took it for a service.
    As you cannot buy the extruder for the UM2+ as a separate item from Ultimaker, I have decided to upgrade the extruder to a Titan. It will be acting as a Bowden tube extruder and I have to design the mount for it as I haven't found one yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done the mod, or has any advice?

All the best,

Dave

2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

I see there's v6 hotend carriage for the ultimaker on thingiverse- thatd be the hardest bit I'd imagine. Mounting a titan and stepper on the back somewhere shouldn't be too tricky.

3. jockspice

jockspice Member

Yes, have seen that but sticking to the original hotend for now, at least. Mounting the Titan on the back shouldn't be difficult, as you say, but was hoping someone had done it so I wouldn't be reinventing the wheel.

4. Roald

Roald New Member

I have design a mount for my titan aero an attach it on the X Y bearings going pretty well but the motor turn the wrong direction after swapping some wires its even dont turn anymore. Im a little bit confused about the schematic the umo board have the 4 motor contacts a1 a2 b1 b2 and the stepper motor on the titan have 6 contacts a ? b a- ? b- anyone know howto connect these? And what are the contacts in the middle?