Titan Aero - Movement between Heat Break and Aero

Discussion in 'Titan' started by AndyVirus, May 19, 2017.

1. AndyVirus

AndyVirus Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have just started using the Aero instead of the V6.
    I have also started using Volcano heather blocks.

As i have changed 2 things at once I am not sure if my issue is Aero related or Volcano block related but from what I can see it is Aero related.

Could anyone with the Aero (I don't care which heater block at this point) check if there is any movement in the fixing of the heat break and the Aero please.

In both of mine I am seeing some movement when i move the heater block forwards or backwards (taking care not to twist in any way as it will move). It is exaggerated when hot so can you try when cold and when hot?

My nozzles are tight up agains the heat break in the heater block so I don't think the movement is there but i guess it could be. Can someone check theirs to see if theirs moves in anyway or is yours rock solid?

Its only a tiny amount but i am wondering if this is affecting surface finish on some of my prints.

It seems to be more prominent on my normal Aero, the Mirrored seems pretty solid, just a tiny bit of play.

#1 AndyVirus, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hello Andy,

Which filament diameter are you using?
    This movement is probably due to the thread not being engaged completely. If you have a 1.75mm setup, the PTFE tube might be just a bit too long, preventing you to screw the heatbreak completely in, resulting in the described movement.

3. AndyVirus

1.75. Ill take a look. Ill bet thats it. Cheers!

4. AndyVirus

Yep, that was it. It was only a quater of a turn out but makes all the difference. Thanks!

5. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

@AndyVirus so where is the full report on the "Titan Aero Volcano IDEX bigbox"?

(surprised nobody else asked)