Titan Aero Stringing / Heat Sink Cooling

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Mojorific, May 13, 2017.

1. Mojorific

Mojorific Member

I notice that when I switched to the Titan Aero that I was getting a lot of stringing. I tried the usual changes (increase retraction, slow down the print, increase wipe, add some coasting, etc) and nothing seemed to work.

I then tried reducing the temperature of the nozzle and still nothing, but then increased my nozzle temperatures - Stringing was reduced a bit, but not nearly enough.

On a whim I reduced the fan speed from 100% after the first layer down to 40% and that did the trick. Stringing is almost completely gone. So I am having to set my nozzle temperatures to 220 degrees and reduce the print cooling fan by half.

I have a feeling that the heat sink fan is contributing greatly to this situation. Perhaps this wasn't considered when designing this, but reducing the distance between the cold end and hot end seems to have this added issue when the fins do not deflect the air upwards.

Hope this helps anyone else encountering a similar issue.

2. MacRaven

MacRaven New Member

Hi,

may i know the rest of your now working settings? I have actualy the problem of excessive stringing with the Aero.
    Maybe i have overseen some point.
    I use the Titan Aero 1.75mm version.
    Everything comes out very pretty, it is setup to best but the internal of my prints are a horror.
    I am thankfull for any advise.

3. rocky00717

rocky00717 Member

I am having the same problem. Have tried adjusting the retraction settings from 0.4mm/15mm/s to 2mm/50mm/s in 0.05mm/5mm/s increments. Have also played with the temp(pla) from 180-220 with no change and fan speed from 10% to 100%. Best settings i have found are 0.6mm/25mm/s at 180 deg and 35% fan speed but it is still horrible.

4. IvorTheTerrible

IvorTheTerrible New Member

I'm also getting a lot of stringing. Have you tried other materials?

5. Douglas

Douglas New Member

I have same problem only with PLA filament. With the others (ABS, HIPS) is good!

someone solved it?

6. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Nozzle wipe + part cooling fan removes stringiness for me with PETG. Another thing to try is to remove z-hop, which then gives you another permanent wipe mechanism.