COMPLETE BigBox Firmware Plugin

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by tohara, Aug 5, 2016.

1. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

This is renamed to E1_AUTO_FAN_PIN in RC8 and is already included in the profile. Just change the value to 6.

2. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

At the moment I'm just playing with RC6 as I'm more familiar with it. So, last question is do I need to redefine the pin.h for the PT100 sensors for you default RC6 version as my repo is pointing at the "https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin.git".

3. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

4. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Anyone with a profile for RC8 (stock), with Chases dual Titan mod?

5. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Where can I extract the full Configuration.h for debugging purposes?

So far the plugin is awesome!!! But I need to see the generated config file.

Suggestion: be able to download the config files as well. Not just a profile export.

6. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

You will find all downloaded firmware repos here:
    /home/pi/.octoprint/data/bigboxfirmware/repos

After you run a compile and flash you can get the config files for the related repo. All lines that are modified with the plugin will have a comment indicating that it has been changed.

7. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

OK any ideas with this? Had a perfectly functioning hybrid dual and decided to add Tohara's plugin for future use. Didn't actually install any firmware, but looked at it (it told me a bunch of avrude stuff needed installing and I said yes). My BB seems to have lost its mind. I went to do a print and suddenly my big box is printing off the edge of the bed (unfortunately near a clip which it collided with), the extruder via the prepare menu on the front briefly activated the Z-axis for about 15mm then proceeded to extrude as normal, etc.

8. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

@Henry feldman
    I can't see how the plugin would cause this, unless you installed the plugin while printing?
    Does this happen every time after installing the plugin?
    And have you tried disabling the plugin to see if it behaves the same?

9. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I only have installed it once. Had to get printing, so reloaded @Alex9779 rc6 and I'm back to,normal. It was not printing at the time.

10. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

My guess is that you'll need to look into the configuration.h from Alex's firmware that you're using and uncover what settings are used for a few offsets, like x,y,z and probe for starters. Feed those into the settings for your new firmware. Probably goal one would be to get RC6 working. I think possibly somewhere on the forum @Alex9779 actually exported settings for the plugin corresponding to the setups he created for those previous builds.

11. iniazi

iniazi Member

Anyone build bugfix-1.1.x (or 1.1.x) from official Marlin repo, recently? I'm trying to enable UBL also. I took the defines from RC7 BB Pro, and removed the non existing ones, and replaced them with the new equivalent. I get the following during build:

In file included from MarlinConfig.h:39:0,
    from dac_mcp4728.h:30,
    from dac_mcp4728.cpp:33:
    SanityCheck.h:707:5: error: static assertion failed: UBL_PROBE_PT_2_Y can't be reached by the Z probe.
    static_assert(WITHIN(UBL_PROBE_PT_2_Y, MIN_PROBE_Y, MAX_PROBE_Y), "UBL_PROBE_PT_2_Y can't be reached by the Z probe.");
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:708:5: error: static assertion failed: UBL_PROBE_PT_3_Y can't be reached by the Z probe.
    /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_bigboxfirmware/lib/Makefile:310: recipe for target '/home/pi/.octoprint/data/bigboxfirmware/tmp/dac_mcp4728.o' failed
    static_assert(WITHIN(UBL_PROBE_PT_3_Y, MIN_PROBE_Y, MAX_PROBE_Y), "UBL_PROBE_PT_3_Y can't be reached by the Z probe.");

I probably enabled a wrong define in the code. But, I'm guessing whatever I did, its not defining MAX_PROBE_Y (and probably _X). Anyone know how to solve it? I probably added a define that I shouldn't have, or missing one. Thanks for any help or suggestions

Attaching the profile i used (not sure how to turn that into a simple text file)

Edit:
    Also added, that I'm trying to enable UBL also. I may try to do a simpler build without UBL. But if anyone has gotten ubl compiled lately, if you can please give me the profile, and I can diff it myself to see what I did wrong.

Thanks

Attached Files:

#131 iniazi, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  12. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

From what i can see in the attached file ubl_probe_pt 2 and 3 has value 0?
    This need to be within the range of your probe on the bed.

13. iniazi

iniazi Member

Thats not it, but thanks. I've reset them back to mostly default, with the same error. I was just trying to see if setting those to 0 would have any effect. Now, I've reset them to defaults, and tweaked the Y on PT_1 so it doesn't fall off the bed i.e. 150+Y_PROBE_OFFSET is less than 200. Although I tried with PT_1_Y set to 180 also, just in case. Here are the settings now

39, 150
    39, 20
    180, 20

And still same error. Only thing it seems like that Conditionals_post.h is not being parsed, since thats where MIN_PROBE_X & Y are being defined. But I doubt that is it, as it would be an issue for others.

If someone has compiled from latest code recently, and if I can have your exported settings to compare them to. Otherwise, I'll start with a blank, profile and add them in one at a time.

Thanks again

14. iniazi

iniazi Member

Silly me. I didn't even look at the lower end of the Y, i.e. 20. Since the probe is +32 Y to the nozzle, the probe would not be able to reach 20.

All is good, and flashed. Need to tweak some strings and encoder settings, and then I'll calibrate and try it out.

Edit: Actually one issue I did run into is that I can't seem to enable G26 (UBL_G26_MESH_VALIDATION). Gives em an error during compile:

G26_Mesh_Validation_Tool.cpp undefined reference to sync_plan_position_e

or something like that. Noticed some discussion about the same error but for a teensylu. Anyway, maybe its a firmware issue. For now I've disabled it. I'll just have to make my own single layer print to test out mesh later on.

Thanks

#134 iniazi, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  15. iniazi

iniazi Member

Update:

So even though I got G26 code to compile, it doesn't work, or more accurately, doesn't do anything. It doesn't set the temp of nozzle or bed, or initialize the printer, etc, so I'm assuming my changes aren't correct. So for now, I'm going to have to live without built in testing of ubl post bed leveling.

OLD:
    Ok, so I got G26 to compile (haven't tested it yet, I'll try to do it later on this week). I wasn't sure how to modify the current repos (not sure if the plugin resets the code before building) so I forked Marlin to my own account, created a branch and modified it there:

diff --git a/Marlin/Marlin_main.cpp b/Marlin/Marlin_main.cpp
    index 1c159c3..6d932e9 100644
    --- a/Marlin/Marlin_main.cpp
    +++ b/Marlin/Marlin_main.cpp
    @@ -771,7 +771,7 @@ void sync_plan_position() {
    #endif
    planner.set_position_mm(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], current_position[Z_AXIS], current_position[E_AXIS]);
    }
    -inline void sync_plan_position_e() { planner.set_e_position_mm(current_position[E_AXIS]); }
    +void sync_plan_position_e() { planner.set_e_position_mm(current_position[E_AXIS]); }

#if IS_KINEMATIC

If someone wants to build it in the near future, you can also plugin my fork into the repos on the plugin, https://github.com/iniazi/Marlin, and use bugfix-1.1.x-2 branch (excuse the bad name). Then I copied my current profile that was using official, and changed the repo to mine. I'll attach the profile I used. My printer is a Pro single extruder, old (non-hybrid).

Thanks for reading, and thanks tohara for your input.

Attached Files:

#135 iniazi, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  16. moshen

moshen Well-Known Member

Anyone make progress with Marlin 1.1? Would like to get UBL working.