Cyclops on Repetier firmware issues

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by Zzyzxx71, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

Greetings!

I'm in the process of completing a large format CoreXY, and am using a E3D Cyclops hot end, initially I was having issues getting the heater on the hot end to even turn on, but have made it past that hurdle.

Currently the issue I'm having is, when I have Extruder 2 selected in Repetier, both extruders feed at 1/2 rate. While I'm sure the mixing feature is desirable for some users, I'd like to be able to select between extruder 1 and extruder 2, with no mixing function.

With extruder 1 selected, it works as expected. It's only when extruder 2 is selected that I get the "mixing" effect.

My firmware was created using the repetier host web configurator, and I did select the "mixing hot end" option - This was the only way I could find which generated firmware that actually activated the heater.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Just realized I may have posted this in the wrong forum, please move to appropriate location.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hmm do you have to use Repetier? I'm unfortunately not very familiar with repetier firmware.
    Marlin works pretty well for the cyclops with only pin.h modifications.

3. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

Can you point me in the right direction to the appropriate pin.h mods?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

I've looked at both of those resources, the e3d wiki has no information regarding firmware changes other than stating "you need to change the firmware". With repetier's web config, even if there was a "known good working" config, I could import that configuration.h and change the rest to work, but that isn't available.

I just successfully completed a calibration print on it and it's switching to mixing without me even selecting a new extruder. It's getting very frustrating, I have a mail in to E3d regarding this, but haven't received a response at this point.

6. Zzyzxx71

Zzyzxx71 Member

Mike, I'd like to apologize, it's been a long journey building this thing, and I may have bitten off more than I can chew, at least at the start. After additional digging through your wiki and modification of some saved marlin configs, I have it working the way I expected it to work. Having some issues with the hotend itself, but I'm off to a good start.

Thanks for your assistance!

Mike Kelly likes this.
  7. Brickmaker

Brickmaker New Member

I have the Cyclops installed on my Lulzbot TAZ 5 and when I do the repetier firmware both extruders turn at same time. I read that it is because in the firmware it is set to mixing and Cyclops is NOT a mixing extruder but if you change the setting then they dont work at all. I also tried Marlin firmware and changed the pin.h file but I cant get the heater to heat up. If i change the pin.h to diffent pin numbers for the heater it will heat but only for one extruder. Any ideas ?