E3D Titan - Bowden - E3D Volcano - 0.6mm Nozzle Retraction

Discussion in 'Volcano' started by theory, Feb 24, 2017.

1. theory

theory Member

Having some slight issues with blobs on Benchys. Using an E3D Volcano, 0.6mm nozzle, Bowden setup with E3D Titan extruder.

I've played with inside out vs outside in perimeters, coasting in S3D, I've played with wiping, and I've played with retraction.

I've tried retraction in the 5-8mm range and 55-70mm/s speeds, I've tried coasting from 0.5mm-1.5mm, a d wipe from 2.5-5mm all with similar results and not truly improving.

Can anyone with a similar setup share their settings?
    [​IMG]

2. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

There is a setting for Extra Restart Distance, I am not 100% as I don't have the software in front of me right now but I think you can put in a negative number.

3. theory

theory Member

I've tried setting that up to -0.20 per the S3D troubleshooting in the past but it didn't do much. I'll try once more and see if it helps.

4. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Other variables include extruder temperature (lowering temperature reduces ooze) and motion acceleration (higher acceleration leaves less time for ooze to ooze).

5. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

They look like normal perimeter start/stop anomalies to me. Turn off random start points in the slicer and try again?

6. theory

theory Member

I missed these replies.

I believe they are start stop points. They are identical across the many benchys I have printed.

7. CarlSian

CarlSian Member

I am battling the exact same issue and was wondering what the fix is. I'm seeing this with Slic3r I have changed from random start points to inline and waiting for my print to finish right now. My benchy's look great accept for these marks.

8. CarlSian

CarlSian Member

Here are some images after I changed the seam placement from random to inline.

Attached Files:

9. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

They still look like start / stops. Even though the settings tell it to start in a particular place it isn't guaranteed. When you preview the g-code enable tool posiiton and retracts in the viwer. you might be able to see. Alternatively print the ecact code again and watch what it does when it get to those points in the print.