Flex-PolyEster and bed adhesion

Discussion in 'Filament' started by JesperJuul, Apr 26, 2016.

1. JesperJuul

JesperJuul Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I´m trying to print E3D´s Flex-PolyEster and must sat it looks and extrudes very nice, but i have troubles with bed adhesion.

I have tried clean glass and UHU coated glas at 110-120C but even small objects at 6x2cm won´t stick.

Any suggestions?

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

What's your first layer like? I suspect that a well filled layer may be needed and a brim/skirt might help. I assume you've tried painters tape as well? I expect there are a few more of us out here that will be interested in your results!

3. JesperJuul

JesperJuul Well-Known Member

The first layer was perfectly filled and looks completely solid when i took it of the printer, i need this to be printed without a skirt so that is not a posibillity and neither is raft since its a flexible material. I just need a way to make it stick hard.

Never been fond of painters tape, so i didn´t even try, but i could give it a go.

mike01hu likes this.
  4. Paolo Chiarabaglio

Paolo Chiarabaglio New Member

Hi,

did you find a solution for this?

I've tried:

- Blue Painters tape
    - Kapton tape
    - PET (green) tape
    - Spray glue (Dimafix, it's my favorite!!! Never had problems with ABS and PET)

But I can't get the filament to stick to bed. Bed temperature is 100°C. It sticks for the first few 10 seconds and then gets off.

Please help!!!!

Thanks, Paolo