Fog Machine Nozzle

Discussion in 'Show off' started by Henry feldman, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

So as the great halloween party approaches (we take it very seriously) for years I have used a fan assisted Venturi built out of a 15cm PVC 30 degree Y with an AC fan to force the smoke from my 1000w fog machines into my fog chiller (the smoke is hot, so if you want the creepy low hanging fog in your graveyard you need to chill it less than ambient air so about 5m of crinkle-walled coiled flexible 10cm metal pipe all bathed in ice water) but PVC pipe and metal flexible dryer conduit never quite joined (a lot of duct tape never quite did it as the glycerol in the smoke ruins the adhesive) so decided to print adapters. Used annealed HTPLA and slides in perfectly with just enough friction that it won't come out and not enough so that it can't come apart and should stand up to the smoke given the annealing.

[​IMG]

2. GeckoBox3D

GeckoBox3D Well-Known Member

Looks like a good finish, photo is a bit blurry though so hard to tell

3. Henry feldman

The matte finish is tough to photograph as it is somewhat fuzzy in real life with that level of contrast (you will note the lines on my hand are sharply focused, but there is a bit of depth of field to the pic). It's smooth as can be in real life.

4. Henry feldman

Here it is in action (between the PVC shallow Y and the intake pipe inside the chiller). Worked perfectly (unlike the fog machine, which i had to switch out as the ultrasonic fluid sensor that is a safety feature to prevent dry running failed and refused to believe the tank was full - had to switch to my cheap consumer 400w backup machine - which is not the same as this 20000CFM 1000w beast).

[​IMG]