SOLVED how do you do complete reset, after messing with stuff

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by RTBiscuit, Oct 6, 2016.

1. RTBiscuit

RTBiscuit Well-Known Member

I have been working through the commisioning phase and I accidently pressed set home offsets, then fiddling to try and correct the fact its at the back of the bed has led to new noises and issues.

Can i refresh back to square 1 and start from scratch and remove the fiddling i have done.

I worked out how to restore failsafe and save settings to undo the early settings, but i can;t seem to undo the other settings

2. RTBiscuit

When i first turned the printer on it did the same as the video in commissioning, since playing around before and after fixing the min bedtemp err. it now does this:

[​IMG]

how can i get it to forget all the crap i've done and start back at point A where i was when i first turned the printer on. i seem to have created a load of problems for myself that weren't there.

I accidently pressed the reset home
    i have tried disabling steppers and manually moving it.
    I have moved the x and y axis on the controls (it was after this the high pitched noise and funny movements happened.)
    then retried resetting home after moving it manual to home after turning off steppers.
    now it bed crashes, frame crashes, high pitched noise.

have i FUBAR'ed the machine/rumbha?

3. RTBiscuit

would a firmware reflash put it back to square 1?

mine is on RC6 at the moment

4. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

You can partially reset the memory under "LCD/Control/Restore failsafe" but a re-flash should give a clean start.

5. RTBiscuit

If i was to reflash the firmware, (current verison 1.1 RC6) what is the best firmware to put on for a BB 1.1 Titan dual?

6. mike01hu

You can find the options here. Note that these are versions that have been set up by Alex to address needs and issues that had not been covered in the old official firmware.

7. RTBiscuit

thanks Mike, I was looking at the standard Hex files, but an Alex version seems like a better idea as i have a dual titan v1.1 i must be right in thinking that the following hex files are my 2 options

BigBox3D github - Marlin_hybrid_dual.hex

bigboxgeek - bigbox/dual/RC_hybrid_titan_MBL (am i right in thinking the MBL is mesh bed levelling)

and of the 2 the alex file should have the best setup.

when i get to simplify i'll also use the new profile on there as well.

8. mike01hu

Yes, that's what I use at the moment.

9. RTBiscuit

have just flashed alexs firmware onto the BB, just noticed some variations i wanted to check before i do anything.

on the commissioning doc it says when setting the sensor up at its lowest to set the bed at Z offset -05.00

on the alex firmware z offset is called bed Z (which is fine) but the calibration is -0.000 not -00.00

am i right in thinking that i just set the offset at -0.005 and this is the same as -05.00?

i did try and turn the dial till i got to -05.00 but it only goes to -1.000

hope that all makes sense - i feel its me being an idiot as no one else has mentioned this.

the other thing i noticed was on switch on where it said firmware version (RC6) mine is now blank but the title screen says bigbox dual ready. so i'm guessing i haven't screwed the install up.

10. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

If you are using the MBL firmware then you will want to choose the "Level Bed" option and follow that process to completion rather than setting a Z-offset. This should also be detailed in the BB Wiki

11. RTBiscuit

ah thanks that makes sense, just found the MBL guide
    http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Mesh_Levelling_the_Non-Hybrid_Dual

as i am still to commission the printer, where do i need to set the sensor,or does it not matter; should i move it to its highest setting? i still need to change the stepper setting from 1600 to 400 and make sure the micro switch end stops are appropriately set. and then i should be good for first print test.

12. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Make sure all your offsets are 0 and you haven't got anything set from what you may have been doing t'other day.

Raise the bed so that the nozzle is just touching it.

Lift the IR sensor (casing) as high as it will go and place a piece of GT2 belt under it (or something of similar thickness) - with its teeth upwards.

Lower the IR sensor onto the belt and then tighten the screws. Make sure to keep the IR level to the bed.

That should be it really, then do the level bed procedure, at the end of measuring the 9 points (where you put paper between the nozzle and bed at each one) it will beep - after this execute a "Save memory" command on the LCD and you're good to go.

13. RTBiscuit

I'm struggling with homing issues, i haven't got to the MBL as my BB doesn't want to find home.

after flashing the firmware i did an auto home, everything moved and sounded fine but it stopped at co-ordinates 80,30 on the bed (left nozzle) then when i went to level bed it makes a high pitch noise, and then moves the nozzle to the back of the bed and tries to put the bed into the sensor, as the sensor is not over the bed, its not going to the first co ordinates of the MBL. had to stop it and moved everything out the way.

I've checked the endstop wires they are in the X- and Y-, tried swapping them around thats not the issue as it grumbled against the edge and had to restart it. swapped them back. checked they were the right way round with the yellow wire on the inside and the black on the outside

checked my axis x, y and Z and everything is on 0

in motion control my settings are

Bed Z: 0.000
    Accel: 1000
    Vxy-jerk: 8
    Vz-jerk: +000.40
    ve-jerk: 5
    Vmax X: 150
    Vmax Y: 150
    Vmax Z: 6
    Vmax E: 25
    Vmin: 0
    Vtrav Min: 0
    Amax X: 1000
    Amax Y: 1000
    Amax Z: 100
    Amax E: 5000
    A-retract: 3000
    A-travel: 1000
    Xstep/mm: +160.00
    Ystep/mm: +180.00
    Zsteps/mm: +400.0
    Esteps/mm: +0417.5

I don't know how to get it to home to the right place and once i've done that do i then store settings?

14. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

What firmware are you using and do you have the hybrid x-carriage?

15. RTBiscuit

I'm using Alex's bigbox/dual/RC_hybrid_titan_MBL

as far as i'm aware i have the hybrid X carriage i ordered my dual in july this year and it arrived in august. i have swapped the longer screw for the 10mm fixing where the x carriage endstop switch hits.

16. RTBiscuit

i'll put some pictures up this evening

17. RTBiscuit

here are photos of key parts, as far as I'm aware its the hybrid x carriage, and I've used the shorter screw on the end stop. Have pictures the wiring to see if anyone spots something I missed.

Attached Files:

18. RTBiscuit

Should i try a different firmware if the problem has happened over 2 firmwares could the problem be in hardware setup and not firmware based.?

19. RTBiscuit

had another go, hit autohome, it is sat at y=130 x=30 on the bed (left nozzle)

but the screen is saying x =30 and y =30

is there a way to tune the home axis to where it should be?

20. RTBiscuit

i have managed to suss a little more out. i have the Z axis homing fine, and the X axis is now dialled in. (it sits on 30, then when you move the axis by 1mm increments to 0.00 its on the line.

it seems to be the Y axis that is the problem.

Y axis reads on the LCD at 30 but is actual now at 160. and this varies when you move the head with the power off.

when you do the auto home, when the Y axis is meant to move it gives a high pitched buzzing/whine noise, but doesn't move, and nothing spins.

then it homes the x axis, then moves the y axis way up the table or off the table into the wall.

why would my Y axis not be homing?