NinjaFlex impossiblities

Discussion in 'Titan' started by GeckoBox3D, Jan 31, 2017.

1. GeckoBox3D

GeckoBox3D Well-Known Member

Ninjaflex is a %&*^$.

Any tips out there? It seems to be able to squeeze out from both underneath and on top of the pinch wheel/drive gear on my Titan, which it shouldn't be able to really....

I don't use retractions (haven't dared venture that far), so that stops it squeezing out above the wheel until I retract it after a print. I can lower the print speed to 10mm/s and that seems to stop it, but not completely which is very frustrating.

I realise I can fix this by having a nice tapered cut of ptfe tube on top, but this isn't possible underneath on a titan. Tips?

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Because? There is PTFE below the Titan and it can be chamfered on the inlet.

3. GeckoBox3D

GeckoBox3D Well-Known Member

Precisely because it has the plastic inlet. It is squeezing between this and the drive gear.

4. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

turn down the idler tension as far as you dare. Knock print speed down to ~15mm/s too.

danzca6 likes this.
  5. Marco

Marco Member

I print with FlexiSMART (another flexible filament) with good results (see picture) by setting a maximum extrusion rate of 1.5 mm^3/s. This implies much slower prints, of course, but at least the filament can be pushed safely into the hot end without ending up being squeezed below the gear. Also, I noticed that if I let the extruder stay idle with the filament already pinched for, say, 5 minutes or longer, then extrusion will fail as soon as the print starts. This is probably caused by the flexible filament being deformed by persistent pressure.

Attached Files:

bomtarnes likes this.
  6. Tom De Bie

Tom De Bie Well-Known Member

That's a very nice print ;)