Scaffold issues with BCN3D Sigma

Discussion in 'Filament' started by PowderLabDrew, Dec 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PowderLabDrew

PowderLabDrew Member

Hey Everyone,

I am struggling to get Scaffold to work with my Sigma. I have Nylon/Carbon Fiber loaded on the left extruder and Scaffold in the right. After loading the Scaffold and waiting for the hot end to heat up (215-220) it starts skipping while purging like the extruder cannot push it out of the nozzle. I tried raising and lowering the temp, cleaning the hot end with Nylon, adjusting the extruder tension thing and nothing helps. If I remove the Scaffold and put in PET or PLA or pretty much anything else, it works perfectly. I thought it might be because its 2.85 but I tried PLA in 2.85 on the same extruder and worked great. This is really irritating because I have some production items that really needs some good dissolvable support!!!

-Andrew

2. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Whilst you're waiting for answers here, Richard Horne / RichRap has a BCN3D sigma and uses scaffold. He publishes contact details on his googleable blogsite.

mike01hu likes this.
  3. PowderLabDrew

PowderLabDrew Member

Ok, thanks. I have watched his videos on YouTube a few times. Do not a lot of people use Scaffold? I would have expected more of a response in this forum.

4. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I use a lot of scaffold, I just don't use it as support, but rather to print whole objects for molding that I dissolve after the cast (essentially cold investment casting). That's probably a very different environment than yours. I'm also doing it on a BigBox.