Source for Bowden Collets?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Kanedias, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the plastic part of the bowden fittings E3D uses for sale online anywhere?

My Volcano hot end didn't come with one and and after waiting nearly 2 weeks for a reply from support E3D want to charge me £5 for a replacement once you include postage.

clip.JPG

(If you work it out by weight I think that probably makes them more valuable than gold)

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

I've only seen them sold though E3D or their distributors.

I am quite surprised they didn't offer to send you a part for free if it was supposed to be included in the order? Which product did you purchase?

3. Dan Halsall

Dan Halsall Member
    Staff Member

HI Kanedias, if you can let me know your ticket number I can have a look into this for you.

Dan

E3D Customer Support Manager

4. Kanedias

Well in fairness I bought them ages ago and only when I went to use it over Christmas noticed the missing bit - so I didn't expect a free replacement after so long since the original order. I'd bought the remaining parts to make a full hot end set for my volcano.

Since they (unfortunately) don't come pre-attached to the inserts I imagined a big tub of them on a shelf somewhere.

The type I was able to get locally to use for the filament guide https://forum.e3d-online.com/index.php?threads/improved-filament-guide.2418/ have a non-removable collet.

Fun fact - trying to remove the collet once fitted to put it into different hot end (A Volcano, say) is a very bad idea. :(

Thanks Dan, I deleted the email but I'll check when I get home. I think it was sent yesterday? Day before maybe? :oops:

A pristine condition Volcano...
    [​IMG]

5. Kanedias

Found it, 2375

6. Dan Halsall

Dan Halsall Member
    Staff Member

Hi David,

Thanks for this information.

I have looked into it and I can see that you spoke to my colleague Lawson, regrettably you did not mention that this was a replacement part, if you can email us with the original order number that the collet was missed from we can send you out a replacement part.

Cheers

Dan