0.25mm nozzle

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Zach, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Zach

Zach Member

Hello everyone,

I have been printing happily with by dual big box. Still mainly only using one extruder, but I went with the dual for future use. I am trying to print some parts that have a very fine detail, so naturally I bought a 0.25mm nozzle to upgrade my direct drive extruder. Since upgrading, I have had nothing but problems, either the nozzle jams or the filament grinds and not longer extrudes. I have tried:

- Adjusting the filament temperature
    - Slowing down the print
    - Decreasing the extrusion speed
    - Changing the retraction settings

... pretty much everything that Simplify3D suggest on their troubleshooting guide. I am printing with E3D ABS.
    I am wondering if anyone has had success printing with the 0.25mm nozzle and if so, what they used for their printer settings in order to get the print to come out. I am completely at a loss at this point so I thought I should reach out for help.

2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Titan or original extruder? It might help if you posted screenshots of your S3D settings tabs to see if theres anything out of place there. People have used their .25mm sucessfully. I have one but am yet to try it so I'd be interested in seeing this resolved too :)

3. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

Mine runs ok with a 0.25 and Titan with ABS. I'm probably printing more slowly than some (can't remember my settings at the minute!).

Check your filament calibration too.

I've not gone and changed the S3D settings much beyond the setup downloaded from here.