1.1 X carriage issue

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Miasmictruth, May 12, 2016.

1. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

So the rear bearing is sliding right out of the X carriage even with all 4 screws tight. (Front is tight)

I am thinking about adding a piece of paper to between the bearing and the back clamp hopefully this will not result in bowing the rods.

Anyone else have a issue with it, all the square nut holes are also super loose fit aside for the 2 m4's. Just curious if this is my print or the moddel.

2. JesperJuul

JesperJuul Well-Known Member

Maybe you are underextruding a bit?

Just sand the flat parts of the clamps a bit :)

3. Miasmictruth

I really don't think so but I suppose its possible, I spent quite a bit of time calibrating the extrusion, unless the filament diameter changed mid way through the roll (Colorfabb XT)

I was thinking about sanding wasn't sure if that might not be worse, but In general I like that Idea better.

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Had the same but with my front linear bearing. I added just a piece of paper. No issues so far... Quality seems not to be influenced...

5. Miasmictruth

Thanks, How odd I wonder what is going on, my front bearing seem to have plenty to grab a hold of. At least my hot ends seem to fit perfect, not too loose not too tight.

6. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Take a look at the area around the holes for the screws, sometimes it is raised slightly, very slightly countersink each hole so that the edge isn't raised. If that does not work as suggested take a little off the mating surfaces as this does not affect the location of the bearing.

Miasmictruth likes this.
  7. Miasmictruth

Thanks I will take a peek at that if I get a change, soon me and my bog box will be separated for a while as I will be out of town :/

8. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Yup mine did the same thing, and I am pretty sure that is now why my fan busted off, ripping the wires off, and the heated bed connector cover broke off, and the just bad things happened....

9. Miasmictruth

Check it out there is definitely some raised areas there will counter sink it and see how that is when I get a chance :)