(12.9) Z-Axis Cables

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by ldaponte, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ldaponte

ldaponte Well-Known Member

I've seen posts in this forum about this topic but they did not seem to cover my case. The current build manual section 12.9 Z-Axis Cables in the BigBox Printer Sub-assemblies section shows a four conductor red black blue green cable with no twists and a bare wires on one end and a description of a way to "fix" the cable by adding twists and eventually connecting the bare ends to the Rumba. I don't have a cable that looks exactly like this - all of the cables in my motor box have connectors, no bare ends. BTW I'm building a Big Box Dual Titan - I am not updating an existing Big Box. If you've worked out the correct instructions for this section 12.9 I would love to have it. Which of my motor cables (below) are the Z-Axis cables?

Thanks

Photo of my motor cables:

[​IMG]

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

The one in the middle right, two white connectors, one black connector...

ldaponte likes this.
  3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Complete the list, left middle is for Y axis motor, the three on the right side are two for extruder so and one for X axis motor...

4. Jason

Jason Member

Apparently they have corrected the z axis cable since writing that step, the Y shaped cable Alex pointed to is the correct one.