.25 Nozzle 0.08 layer Hemera on TC

Discussion in 'Show-off ur skillz' started by blarbles, May 11, 2020.

1. blarbles

blarbles Well-Known Member

This isn't particularly amazing, but I thought the results turned out pretty good for a first print using a .25 Nozzle, 0.08 layer height with Hemera and ToolChanger. It has a tiny bit of stringing at .8 retraction. I might try increasing that to see if it helps. 4.5cm tall and 2.5cm wide.

2020-05-10 14.57.52.jpg

2. Marcus Mendenhall

OK, I'll call your 0.25 and raise you an 0.15 (which E3D sells as an experimental design). (Also with a hemera.) No pictures available, but it worked fine at 0.04 and 0.08 layers. No clogging. No stringing (no duh! really hard to string out of that size nozzle!). As long as you are in no hurry to get done, it's workable. You can print _very_ small objects.

Michael Pearson likes this.
  3. blarbles

blarbles Well-Known Member

Well I did say it wasn't particularly amazing... If you can take pictures I would love to see .15 at 0.04!

4. Marcus Mendenhall

Right now my printer is running all day, every day, printing pieces for face shields.

I don't have any of the tiny objects I printed (don't even remember what they were) to take pictures. Anyways, I suspect the pictures wouldn't look much better that what you just posted, since at either 250um or 150um, you have to look really closely to see layering. I do remember that smoothly curved tops looked really good. That tentacle looks really good! (Are tentacles supposed to look really good, if you are not a cephalopod?)