4 extruders marlin firmware

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by jos, Mar 6, 2014.

1. jos

jos Member

Is the 4th extruder in marlin yet?

There is a MaukCC branch on github where 4 nozzle temps are in, but no 4th extruder.
    Maybe usefull, not having to start from scratch.

Also for multiple extruders it is very helpfull to have a graphic display, to see the nozzle temp state in one glance.
    This is also for 3 nozzles at the time.
    I would suggest moving the heated bed, fan, and eventually the chamber temp to a lower line in the display.

2. Sanjay

Sanjay Administrator
    Staff Member

Not yet in marlin, but we do now have repetier firmware that supports all 4 and runs on ATMega based boards, you can even configure through their web interface. I've yet to try it, but it's high on the todo list.

http://www.repetier.com/firmware/v091/

3. jos

jos Member

yes, I have taken a look at it and it looks very promising.
    I cannot wait to test it.
    The reason I can not use it at the moment, is that they only have support for a graphic lcd with an exotic controller.
    The graphic LCD is a very important tool, as it lets you see the state of your multiple hotends at one glance.

4. mhackney

mhackney Well-Known Member

We use Repetier firmware on our Rostock MAXes (SeeMeCNC) and I've got 4 extruders configured. I have 2 of the Kraken hot ends working now and all the plumbing ands wiring for the remaining 2. I am switching everything over from RAMBo to the new Azteeg X3 Pro that supports <gulp> 5 extruders as the next phase. Then I'll really be 'kraken!

5. educa

educa Member

Can you tell me on which pins you configured extruder 3and 4 or maybe post your configuration file for us?

That would be extremely helpfull.

Kind regards,
    Bart

6. Highcooley

Highcooley Member

Has anyone tried repetier with 4 extruders meanwhile? I just configured everything but there are two main issues when I switch from 2 extruders to 4:

In uimenu.ui, if(NUM_EXTRUDER has to be changed from ==3 to >=3 to make the temperature screen work again.
    The extruder cooling fan (which I want to use to automatically switch on the pump) does not work propperly anymore. The PWM LED slightly flickers but only turns fully on if several extruder temps are close to the min cooling temp. Only then it also switches on if a heater gets switched on.

Maybe I fully misconfigured something, but besides counting up Ext and setting each value as well as assigning the proper ports (temp control works besides the cooling fan), there is not much which can be done wrong.

7. Highcooley

Highcooley Member

Update: 05.01.2015
    The issue has been resolved in the current development branch 0.92 by Marcus. Once again, he did a splendid job correcting the problem super fast. Thank you Marcus!