Accuracy and Benchy Measurement

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Irawan Tri Kusumo, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Irawan Tri Kusumo

Irawan Tri Kusumo Well-Known Member

I was wondering when a lot of people printed the Benchy, even the first print for BB printer is Benchy too. I just known that this model other than cute, it has a purpose to be used as a tool for calibrating the printer.

Here is my first print, and I measured it (not all). It is based on http://www.3dbenchy.com/dimensions/
    I have 2 things always in my mind that bothering me (I hope someone could help me)

- Can we make our printer 100% accurate, or how many (mm or percentage) is the tolerant for the accuracy?
    - How do we calibrate our printer to make it accurate ? Which part of the printer / software setting we need to change to get the best accuracy ?

thanks

01 Bridge roof length.jpg 02 Horizontal overall-length.jpg 03 Horizontal overall-width.jpg 04 Vertical overall-height.jpg 05 Cargo-box size.jpg 06 Hawsepipe diameter.jpg 07 Bridge front window size.jpg

Pierce likes this.
  2. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

3. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

You will not get 100% accuracy, the technology does not support that. The figures you have are excellent but you can do scaling in your designs to take care of very small errors but not worth it.

4. Irawan Tri Kusumo

Irawan Tri Kusumo Well-Known Member

ah, thanks all. it helps me sleep better tonight :D