SOLVED Acrylic inconsistant thickness

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Turtle, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Turtle

Turtle Member

Anyone had any issues with the acrylic panels being of variable thickness?

My bottom panel (on just above electronics) doesn't fit the sides. One end of the panel is 4.9mm thick and the other is 5.3mm on the corners and 5.6mm in the middle of that side. Not a chance in hell of the panel going into the slots on the side.

The back panel is not consistant either but after a dry fit and because they don't go into slots it appears the 0.3mm difference wont matter but I'm now stuck in the build.

Hopefully I can get a replacement piece supplied because I am not going to modify the panel.

<insert many expletives here>

Tim

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Someone else brought this up, maybe I find the post later.
    It was stated that this are the normal tolerances of the acrylic sheets...

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Turtle

Turtle Member

Hmm, thanks Alex. No real desire to file across the entire panel though. The other end of the panel is correct so it's inconsistant across it's length.

I'll call them in the morning and see where we go but this is the worst panel as it has to go into slots or I might not have even noticed the thickness. The back panel you can actually see the difference too with the naked eye but as all the panels lay on top of one another the 0.3-0.5mm difference isn't an issue as far as I can see.

Tim