Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by R Design, Jun 8, 2016.
I just changed spools 1.5hrs into a print without stopping (for the first time) so I'm happy !
Well then I vote for 2 but I retract my vote as I'm still not 100% sure what option 3 is I'm sure I will understand one day.
I trust you guys to make a good decision.
Option 2 will not face the problem if you move to Z300 youself, No option does that.
But if you printed a model Z296 to Z300 height then you would have a problem and since I want the profiles to be fail-safe option 3 is to "lower" the distance between head and bed again by 4 or 5mm.
So if your print stops at Z299 the print end, the head moves back to the dock and then your bed is moved to Z294. So you remove the model and start your next print without having to remember "oh i was at Z+296, I have to move the bed a little up so the next home sequence won't smash it into the base..." You can just print right away...
I really do not want to clog up this topic with my ignorence but just to clarify. At Z300 the bed is at the bottom right?
Yes Z300 is the bottom
At Z300 my box has about 0.5mm to 1mm space before the bearings touch the screws...
It's to do with safe homing (I think) - in essence you need an extra bit of clearance that may or may not be there.
It might be that since I haven't started printing yet I just do not see the issues. Or you have made such a good job in protecting me from myself in you fw that I have never realized the problems
On my i2 everything is so simple.
Can we do a 2+3? As in drop to 295 AND do the #3 stuff?
We could... One thing to know about is that if you manually move to Z>296 you will be in trouble if you home...
But I really don't wanna deactivate the raise...
Henry is right, for the most failsafe version I will do 2 and 3... Who will ever move manually to Z300?
Only those who love to prove something is wrong!
Ironically me (when I went to move my printer to the hospital for that class)
OK I pushed changes for options 2 and 3 to the repos... firmwares are compiling but there is still that dual issue... I have a working hack but I want to get feedback from the Marlin Devs...