Adjusting Y-Axis during commisioning

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jarrett, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Okay, finally nearing completion of my build after several issues and having to move house in the middle, but now I am stuck on a certain task. It is probably very simple it's just going over my head. I am referencing the build guide from this point and am wondering about the wording on the step where you measure the distance on one side (70mm in guide) and adjust to be the same on the other:

"If there is any difference you can adjust it by holding one end in place and carefully moving the other end so they are both at the same distance. It may take a few goes to get it right. If you find it hard to adjust make sure the grubs on the pulleys are loose."

What exactly are the "one end" and "other end" that it is referencing?

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Each end of the X axis (the bit that moves across left to right) You are trying to centre it so that when that part moves towards and away from you, each end is at the same distance, When the pulleys at the back have their grub screws loose this is possible because the belts on each side can move independently, when you tighten the screws they are connected together by that axle shaft at the back and can't rotate independently

3. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I'll have to look at it again when I get home, but I think what I am missing is what is actually adjusted to make them equal? Is it just physically pushed backwards or forwards?

4. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

yes just hold one end and move the other a bit to straighten it out, likely it isn't a million miles out anyway as it should tram fairly straight on the rods.

5. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification!