after 1.1 titan install, Ext1 not working

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Steven, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

Odd issue:
    Finally got X,Y,Z home to work.
    Finally got Pancake motors and new stepper drivers working. esteps set to 417.5
    In RapetierHost, in manual mode I can control all including the extruder. extruder calibration done.
    BUT when I slice an stl file and send to print, Extruder 1 motor wont move.
    Attached is the g-code.
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Does heating complete?

3. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

yes heating completes. In fact neither extruder moves, to account for swapped hot end to extruder mix.

4. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I loaded the mirrored version of the firmware. still no joy.
    I even ran a PID autotune. saved the results.
    Still no extrusion. the printer is going thru the motions of a print, but nothing happening on the motor.
    If I stop the print. I can manually control all within Rapterier Host.
    I can home X, Y and Z just fine.
    I can manually move X, Y and Z to any location.
    I can manually set and get temp on either hotend as expected.
    When temp is reached on hotend, I can manually extrude 1,10,50 or 100mm. That works. BUT not when actually trying to print.
    Any ideas?

5. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

There is something odd about your gcode extrusion data as it appears to progress the extrusion by unusual amounts as shown in your first layer code:

G1 X103.366 Y82.216 E2.00036
    G1 X102.151 Y82.918 E2.00025
    G1 X101.271 Y83.534 E2.00018
    G1 X100.196 Y84.436 E2.00008 F1080.000

Whatever slicer you are using, I suggest you check the extrusion settings.

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

I loaded the gcode in S3D and I see a strange visualization. There is no extrusion all moves are considered as travel...
    The header says it was Slic3r.
    Also I think the start is strange, you heat up the bed and wait but then you heat up the nozzle and you start script kicked in priming and doing stuff and AFTER that the temp for the nozzle is set again and then to wait on it...

7. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

Here is my methodology:
    Received BB-1.0 dual. Built and tested with stock firmware rc3. Finally got benchy printed fine.
    Then I loaded RC6.
    Then started S3d and RepetierHost. I could not get S3d to play nice, nor did i like it. Hence move back to RepetierHost and got it printing fine under RC6.
    Then bought the Titan dual upgrade. Installed. that's were things started to go sideways...
    Installed the pancake motors and new stepper drivers at 0.3v.
    Upgraded to Marlin-hybrid-dual and then Marlin Hybrid dual Mirrored.
    Basically I started from a known working point and only modified one thing at a time. RepetierHost did not change nor did the slic3r settings.
    I'm at a loss and I keep hitting these roadblocks. Titan or not, do other BB 1.1 users have these issues?

Can you send/attach a gcode file that is known to work? small object.
    PLA (192deg/80deg bed)
    And well see how that goes.

8. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I went to print a previously saved gcode file on Sd card, and that will print/extrude correctly.
    (It revealed i have an issue with the second nozzle wiping up what the other nozzle printed... it's a bit lower that nozzle one evidently.)

So the non-extrude is something in either the gcode or RapetierHost. But what?

9. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

There is something very wrong with the gcode you posted. It is almost like your filament diameter in slic3r is 175 instead of 1.75 or your extrusion multiplier close to zero.

If you post your slic3r settings and the stl file, I can try to slice it and see if i get the same result.

10. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

i double checked and it shows 1.75.
    The SAME settings of slic3r and RepetierHost were used when I was running BB-1.0 RC6.

11. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

The gcode file you attached in the first post is also corrupted. The last half of the file only contains zero's (bytevalue). Could be something that happened when you uploaded the file to the forum.

What is your layer height, first layer height and Z offset?

12. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I was running Marlin.BigBox_Dual_Hybrid_Titan_Mirrored_MBL-RCBugFix which i think is depricated as I cant find it on the web anymore, alothough I have my copy.
    Now I'm running Marlin-Hybrid-Dual.hex from https://github.com/BigBox3D/Firmware
    I can't find the 'published' mirror version, either.

I went back to basics.
    Loaded the marlin hybrid dual firmware, had to swap the Ext1 and Ext2 wires on the RUMBA. Loaded up 3dbenchy and the head STILL crashes into the ooz cutout.
    When I abort/stop the print, the X axis motor oscillates the head in a single spot.

I'm running layer height .3 no offset.
    It's important to note what I stated before, the RepetierHost settings have not changed, they are the same as those when my BigBox-Dual was 1.0 stock.

13. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

In your gcode file you start printing at -1.990 so there must be a offset in the profile used to slice this file.

G1 Z-1.990 F7800.000

And looking closer at the file your issue with no extrusion seem to be only on the first layer, what is your First layer height?