All of my prints seem to be cut off

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by ElliottSW, Apr 2, 2016.

1. ElliottSW

ElliottSW Member

1 2 and 3 are tries from the sd card provided. 4 and 5 are a different benchy that i downloaded from thingiverse and flipped around. the cut off side is always the side closer to the front of the printer. I have had this Bigbox dual for more than a month now and have not has a successful print.

Attached Files:

2. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

The skirt already has a strange form. Did you ever try to move by hand in x and y and measure the distances travelled?
    What temperatures and material? Did you do "Store memory" after bed level?

3. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Can you check your y bracket at the back? I had issues with the cogs or whatever they are called spinning freely, it was only when I applied thread lock to all 6 grub screws (2 on each ends and 2 where the motor drives it) and that stopped my issues with strange wobbly benchys!

4. ElliottSW

ElliottSW Member

I've tried everything suggested. but still nothing has worked. I tried changing the file and noticed that the part closer to the front of the bed is a lot worse quality.

Attached Files:

5. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

If the skirt already is looking like that, you should cancel immediately. It's no good idea printing three parts when something already is wrong, it makes it more difficult to see the faults. Guess you are way to hot. What filament is that? Did you mount your hotend correctly? Some people turn the heatblock the wrong way.
    http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/File:V6_Assembly_-_InsertBreak.jpg
    Note that the cartridge is on the nozzle-side.

6. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

It looks like your Y-axis stepper motor is missing steps, at what voltage is the motor running ? I have mine running fine at 0.56 v. You could also upload a short film with sound when printing the Benchy, or upload some pictures of your head and Y-axis motor.