Any word on Scaffold filament?

Discussion in 'Filament' started by iyu429, Jul 11, 2016.

1. iyu429

iyu429 Member

I'm really keen to try printing some Scaffold filament to support parts made with Edge.

Last I heard it was supposed be restocked in the middle of June, but I haven't seen it become available. Has anyone heard any news or have any insight?

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

3. Sanjay

Sanjay Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey,

Yeah, sorry it's out of stock. Scaffold uses a bunch of weird and wonderful resins and additives that can be hard to get a hold of.

We've made some really significant improvements that enhance flow and reliability a good deal over the last few months, and are bringing Scaffold out of "Beta" and officially calling it done and ready.

This involves getting in some even more obscure additives which has taken longer than expected. We're brewing up a few hundred kilos of the stuff and it should all be extruded, spooled and boxed within about 2 weeks.

I'll do an in depth blog post about the stuff and it's applications when it comes in and we take off the beta tag. It's super awesome stuff with the latest modifications, and we've printed some things that I would have considered totally impossible only six months ago.

Cheers,
    Sanjay

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

5. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Great picture of @Sanjay although his hair has greyed a little with all the stress! :D

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah but he kept a smile :D

mike01hu likes this.
  7. iyu429

iyu429 Member

Amazing! Thanks everybody. If it works well, it really will be the final piece of the puzzle for producing parts as good as commercial machines. We are clinging to our Stratasys printers because they are completely orientation agnostic. Areas that are supported look exactly the same as areas at the top of parts, and it all comes out in the bath. We have tried regular PVA in non-Stratasys printers with zero success.

Super excited to try the new batch as soon as it is ready!

8. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Speaking of Stratasys machines I peered into one last week that had a build area less than the Bigbox.

Couldn't help noticing that they used 16mm rods for everything: X, Y and Z.

Hmmm....