Anybody printing colorfabb HT with the BigBox?

Discussion in 'Filament' started by fpex, Jul 13, 2016.

1. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I am close to pull the trigger on some HT.
    I love ABS+ for high temp and string parts, however it has still the fumes of ABS issue, it is rater flexible and soft 9even if it is rather strong).
    However, I would love to hear from people who have used it if it makes sense or if I should direct my eyes more towards things like FormFuture Titan/Apollo ABS/ASA filaments that have somewhat less temp resistance but are supposed to be much easier to print and are stringer than ABS+

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

HT prints a little hairy like all the polyester/copolyesters I've seen. It is very tough. Much tougher than nGen. Has a slight warp tendency but the PEI aluminum bed makes that manageable (I set the bed to 125C for the first few layers.) No noticeable odor for me but I do see some fine dust near the fan that might be coming from it.

3. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Does the BB go to 125, I thought it stopped at 125. Also I expect that the ALU bed is best with a temp overshoot due to its inertia.
    Anyhow I have homing issues with the blue PEI, I just received the red one and I will try of better

4. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

125C is fine. Takes several minutes and I give it an extra 5 minutes to be sure the heat has really reached the full plate. FWIW my PEI/Al plate is the gray 'natural'.

5. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I pulled the trigger and got quite some HT. Rather curious.
    Ngen on the BB has some perks but i see it now finally printing really really well (it just does to like speed).