Anyone have a known good slic3r configuration I could peek at?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by John Meacham, Feb 11, 2020.

1. John Meacham

John Meacham Well-Known Member

I am trying to debug some issues with blobbing and under/over extrusion and am running against a wall, the 3d benchy gcode provided by e3d prints beautifully so there must be something wrong with how i'm slicing but am running out of things to test, I am sure it is something silly I am missing. If I had some known good configurations to compare it to it would help my debugging immensely.

If someone could post some non trivial gcode sliced by slic3r that prints well then I can extract the config from the comments in the gcode. I would be interested in gcode slic3d for hemera as well as the v6 tools as I have both installed on my printer.

2. Amr

Amr Well-Known Member

Here is a config bundle for prusa Slic3r, use at your own risk, I am still working out kinks in the multi material profile but single tools are working fine. Just change the extension to ini to allow you to import it. You might see M900 unknown command error when using the sliced gcode from this profile it is due to linear advance in the prusa slic3r did not get around to remove this setting but should be an easy fix. It dose not stop printing though

Attached Files:

3. John Meacham

John Meacham Well-Known Member

Thanks a ton, I copied the settings into classic slic3r and got much better results. As to which particular setting was causing my issues, I have no clue as none of the changes seemed that dramatic. Perhaps it was one that was hidden by 'auto' that was being calculated as something odd (I wish it showed you the calculated value for the auto fields).

John