Auto-home and auto-home again!

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Alex Stevenson, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Alex Stevenson

Alex Stevenson Well-Known Member

I had my first (slightly more serious) mishap today.

Before every print I religiously auto-home and auto-level before sending the print job - however this time, after that process, I decided it would be a good idea to update Octoprint - before I started the print job. Needless to say, I started it off printing, and fortunately was close to the printer to switch it off, but not before one of the belts came off; it was bashing its head (in frustration at me), on the back of the frame.

I guess Octopi had rebooted and reset / lost the printer's orientation in the meantime.

It's been so glad, even if it's a scary process, to build the printer myself, as with that experience I managed to get it fixed and printing again within 10 minutes (luckily the belt appears undamaged, and just pulled loose from the grub-screw. 3D printing is so cool, and BigBox is awesome :-D

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

I've set up my slicer to put the G28 command (you could do G29 as well) in the job start script because I did that a few times as well :) to my mind just having it do it by default at the start of the job is the most user friendly way.

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's is normal... Connecting to the RUMBA in over USB is like doing a reset...

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  4. Alex Stevenson

Thanks for the idea. Makes a lot of sense to do that.

5. Alex Stevenson

I figured (now) that it is normal behaviour. Just didn't consider it at the time.