Auto home fail

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jarrett, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I am just starting up the final step of commissioning right after powering up for the first time and the auto home seems messed up. Instead of ending up center, it goes way right. A video is here. Also on another note is it normal for left nozzle readout and right nozzle readout to be that far apart?

2. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the error message but during the autolevel the IR sensor will end up at the centre of the bed.

Just double-check your build instructions as mine is a single not dual.

It looks like you've made the same mistake I did where the screw on the x-axis is too long ( the one on the left). The instructions say to use the long one but later state that the hybrid takes a shorter screw. That should allow the x axis zero mark to be a little further left.

3. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Well that is good to know about the screw then as I never saw that later in the build manual. I was thinking it seemed a bit long if I am to have the right extruder get to 0,0. EDIT: Nevermind found the screw size - it should be 10mm in case anyone else finds this and has made the same mistake.