Banding issue on TC/Hemera/Duet2

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by mebrein, Jun 7, 2020.

1. mebrein

mebrein Member

banding.png [​IMG]

I hope someone can point me to a direction to a solution to fix this banding issue I have om my Hemera toolhead with NozzleX 0.4mm. The banding appears to happen at a Z interval around 1mm. It's especially visible on the left block, look at the lower left part.

Layerheight is 0.2mm. I print with 0.48mm line width (at other linewidths also the banding appears).

My first tought was the 230V bed heater. So I turned this off. That doesn't fix it. The nozzle temperature curve looks stable at first sight. It fluctuates a littlebit, around +3/-3 degrees. I print slow around 50mm/s.

Now I know bronzefill is really fluid, it might be very sensitive to temperature changes. So I will make sure also to try the PT100 and the high temp heater block. To see if that improves.

This is in my config-override.g
    M307 H1 A476.8 C232.3 D4.4 S1.00 V24.1 B0 ; 210
    I also included my config.

I hope someone can give a hint on this. I would really appreciate this.

Attached Files:

#1 mebrein, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member

Does the extruder temperature oscillate regularly over +-3 deg, or randomly? If it's regular, increase the D value in the M307 command for that heater.

mebrein likes this.
  3. mebrein

mebrein Member

I made a typo. The max temp difference is about 0.3 degrees celsius. I now printed at 200 degrees, the min temp was 199.9 and max temp 200.3. Will try increase D a bit.

#3 mebrein, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. Andy Cohen

Andy Cohen Well-Known Member

From the pic it looks like the effect only happens on the outside wall of the square ring. The inner wall does not seem to show it at all. That should be a clue. If it were temp you'd see it inside too. What's your infill settings? Your outline/wall/skin settings?