Basic Hermes ordered.

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by Jai Stanley, Nov 29, 2019.

1. twam

twam Member

Ah, looks my mistake is to use very long screws to bolt down the metal part to the original holes.

2. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

Got 1 Hemera running in bay 3 of the TC and it is working flawlessly. Even the first benchy in XT-CF20 turned out incredible despite not even having fine tuned it. Soooo much more control over the filament, I love it!

@Greg Holloway : Your Hemera conversion set from Thingiverse seems to only fit them in bays 1 and 3, mirroring the block that goes under the 2-pronged tool holder doesn't work for bays 2 and 4, do you have something in the works there? Want to go Hemeras on all 4 as I am not that thrilled about the Bowden Titans, will relocate one of them to my Delta.

3. Ben Kay

Ben Kay Well-Known Member

The Hemera conversion from Thingiverse works in all 4 spots.....it's incredibly tight gap between the Hemera's, but it works...just.

mhe likes this.
  4. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

Well, if that is the case, I'll go ahead with the full conversion then, thanks for the info!

Ben Kay likes this.
  5. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

don't mirror anything....

6. Ben Kay

Ben Kay Well-Known Member

Is anyone else concerned about how tightly together 4 Hemera's fit...I've yet to change the macros, but just sat in their docks, they look like they would almost rub against each other.

Has anyone modified the dock plastic to change the spacings slightly? (I realise this would need individual signs for the tools, rather than a universal)

7. Jason Chodakowski

Yes, I share this concern so I decided I'm not doing that - going to do two directs and two bowden