Battery holder

Discussion in 'Show off' started by Patrick Notton, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Patrick Notton

Needed to print a separate holder for a couple of ICR18650s for an Ultrasonic Testing unit we have at work. We don't use it enough to keep the batteries conditioned. Seeing as the OEM thinks that a fair price for these batteries is about $450, I elected to buy a 4 pack from a local battery supplier for $60 instead... Moving them out of the unit so I can store them properly.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:941081

Used S3D profile that @Alex9779 made.

2 Hours and 25 minutes
    E3D Everyday PLA from sample pack.
    .2mm Layer Height
    Temp: 205/60

The base seems to be slightly under extruded but it will serve it's purpose (first layer is fine though). Also sides are super smooth so I'm pretty happy with that.

IMG_20160409_215036.jpg IMG_20160409_215103.jpg

mike01hu and Steven Burns like this.
  2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Nice. Is the PLA flexible enough in the spring shape to allow easy insertion/removal of the batteries?

3. Patrick Notton

The PLA does have enough flex. I think they called for ABS but I wasn't ready to work with that.
    The batteries pop in and out with minimal effort, my only concern is that the PLA may fatigue faster than ABS.

4. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Yeah, ABS, Nylon or T-Lyne are probably better for fatigue resistance, but I also haven't gotten to those yet (next week once I am done with my 10-plagues-nameplate project)