SOLVED BB-Dual v1.1 Hybrid with Vulcano hot-ends = does not fit

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by SandervA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SandervA

SandervA Member

Hey guys,

Just 'finished' my BB dual hybrid v1.1 and installed the vulcano hotends that were included, but now several things don't fit.
    1) the vulcano hotends don't clear the supports for the z-axis rods
    2) the vulcano hotends don't clear the ooze bucket
    3) the IR sensor should be level with the hot-end, but can't go down all that way
    4) the part cooling fan shroud can't go down all that way

Looks to me if the X-carriage needs to be redesigned to fit vulcano hot-ends (needs to be lifted 5-8mm). Anyone got the same issue and perhaps a solution (fingers crossed)?

Many thanks in advance,
    Sander

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting, that might be a design issue, but anyone else didn't bring up that problem yet. Can you provide some pictures?

Even if you move it all the way down in the slots? Pictures please! :D

Well that is "by design". The default setup is for the V6 hotends, the Volcanos were bonus, so all the parts you have included in the kit are for the V6.
    For the Volcano there is a longer IR mount and also a different fan duct.
    You can get all the files from here. Get the "STL.zip", folder "Hybrid/hi temp" files "hybrid_hi_temp_dual_fan_volcano.stl" or "hybrid_volcano_fan_adaptor.stl" for the single fan and "hybrid_hi_temp_ir_probe_volcano.stl"...

3. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I had no issues with dual volcanoes when I had the BB-dual 1.0 carriage. I have not mounted my volcanoes on the 1.1 carriage.

4. SandervA

SandervA Member

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your reply; turns out that there was a piece of plastic stuck in the mounts for the hot-ends in the x-carriage (in 1 of them; and I didn't push the other one further, thinking this was the maximum it could go in). Now everything fits with 1 or 2mm spare. The IR-sensor part and the cooling fan part will be printed and then everything should fit nicely. Sorry for the false alarm.

@ Steven, thanks for your reply. Turns out that the v1.1 also works nicely if you pay attention to any rubbish that might be stuck in the mount.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Alex9779 likes this.