Big Box Dual hot end assembly

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by RTBiscuit, Sep 27, 2016.

1. RTBiscuit

RTBiscuit Well-Known Member

Started last night the assembly of the hotends on my dual, am struggling a little to check if i have it all correct. the photos in the wiki guide are ok but i need some reassurance.

Has someone got a few pictures of the Dual print head assembled?

how tight are things like the nozzle meant to be screwed in and the heat break in the middle?

what orientation do the wires and the fans need to be? are they front facing or does it not matter?

i don't want to guess, then turn it on and balls it up.

I don't know which version i have as i forgot what i ordered but it was a dual printer ordered this august, with no specified extras.

I think its classed as hybrid, i have at least 1 titan extruder and the v6 hot ends.

still got to work out whats feeding the other hotend.

2. RTBiscuit

RTBiscuit Well-Known Member

So... things I have found out tonight....

as with other problems; going away and sleeping on it and re looking at the doc's with fresh eyes seems to find new solutions. bot both hot end in and the wires routed round the carriage.

was making really good progress, until i came to route the print end cooling fan wires to find the black wire has fallen off the motor. so called an end to the night, will take it into work tomorrow and solder it back on (hopefully). what makes it a bit of a bummer is that it was fitting that fan shroud that took the longest tonight as one side refused to pick up the nut. broke my heart to have to take it off for the wire repair.

so have left everything coiled up looking like multi-colour spaghetti.

on a plus side i have worked out i have a dual titan