[Big Box] ERR: MINTEMP

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Phelipe, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Phelipe

Phelipe Member

Hi, Everyone

I just bought a Bix Box second hand from a local business that was shutting down. This is my first 3d Printer and I know practically nothing about how they work. Bought this on a whim so my SO and I can teach ourselves. When I turn on the printer I get the error: MINTEMP. The knob on the LCD screen won't work. I am stuck at one screen and can't get past that. I disconnected the screen and checked the connections and they looked fine. Here's pictures of the screen and the board. Any and all help would be great.
    Thanks Big Box 2.jpg Big Box.jpg

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Search in Google or Duckduckgo for "Mintemp Rumba" Rumba is the board you photographed above.

Hit in this forum is... (although a Google search is better than the forum search !! )

https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/mintemp-bed-error.721/

Plenty of other hits on both Google and Duckduckgo

3. Phelipe

Phelipe Member

Thanks for the info.

4. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

Please keep us posted. It's a big complex beast but also a very capable one. It won't bother anyone if you ask lots of questions :)

5. Phelipe

Phelipe Member

so I got a multi meter, and though it's almost too embarrassing to say I starting touching connectors on the board with it to test it. Accidentally touched two connectors with the multi meter at once. Printer gave me a blue scree, restarted and now it works fine, including the thermistor. so yeah, thanks for the help anyway.