Big, fast AND accurate. Can i have em all?

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by swatti, May 17, 2017.

1. swatti

swatti New Member

I print big. My Tevo BW is at its limits when it comes to size and that aint the smallest printer around.

Thing is, its slooooow. I kinda knew that when i was getting it but i had to drop the speeds a lot if i wanted quality.

Question is. What if i want "all of it" as in speed, quality and big parts... Is it doable?
    Overnights are very much aviable. That should help out a bit.

Dual Volcanos obviously came to mind. My prints are end-use parts. They take quite some beating but i've solved that problem. Even PLA can last if you make it thick enough and oh boy, these are thick. Thus i get TONS of infills.

Could i use a large, between one and two millimeter nozzle to do the "bigger" infills and rest with the 0.4mm nozzle?
    1mm obviously wont fit everywhere, its bigger cousins much less. The models i make myself so i can make em more suitable for FDM-printing where need be.

Will the Volcano match regular V6 in quality if printing at a similar speed? All videos i've found make it run at super-speed and the quality is horrid in comparison. "Is that groot or marvin?" -level quality.

That would obviously need two extruders. Doable, my setup is compatible but what about weight, will that be an issue? I dont want to add a heavier faster setup only to have to tone down speed because of weight...

I'm hoping to build a setup to run for loooong time so i'm also willing to spend as much as it needs.