BigBox 1.1 details requested please

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Steven, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

Can someone explain what the differences are between a BB1.0 dual and 1.1 dual?
    I have a BB1.0 dual; running rc6. Would I benefit by upgrading to a 1.1 ?

I saw that a frame change was required? but I have seen any details on this.

(I hear that Titan's are NOT part of the 1.1 dual kits? is this true?) If not, then why did'nt I get Titans shipped in my #435 Kickstarter backer dual kit?)

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok here the differences:
    1. Build volume: with the V1.1 you can have 300x200x300 available, as a Kickstarter upgrader you have to do something more to get this, maybe cut the frame or use the "lifted" top carriage part, using stock V1.1 parts brings you to around 290x200x300. This is still 30mm more than with a V1.0 dual for single nozzle prints and 70mm more than dual nozzle prints.
    2. Faster printing due to faster accelleration due to a lighter print head due to the hybrid design which means that one hotend is direct (motor on the head right above the hotend) and the other is fed by an bowden tube.
    If you order now a BigBox V1.1 it is with hybrid head and Titans.

Kickstarters received only V1.0 though V1.1 was in the pipeline at the end of the campaign when there were still some (I think about a hundred?) boxes for Kickstarter backers to deliver. It was not perfect but it is what it is. Consider what was announced at the start of the campaign, you backed for that and IMHO you got more than that...

Details about the upgrade you can read on http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Version_Overview at the bottom is a section about the upgrade options...

3. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

Also note that pre-order customers paid extra for the Titan upgrade, up until the point when Titan was included and the base price went up accordingly.