COMPLETE BigBox 1.1

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Greg Holloway, Apr 8, 2016.

1. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Nope. When read about moving up I realised fun was at bay :)

But the back clamp needs changes, so I did. And I added some nylon padding on the bowden (since I have some nylon on a machine that needs to be wasted).

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope you can use the old ones too, they are just a bit heavier and longer.

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Back clamp? Which back clamp?

EDIT: the one holding the bearing?
    Why do you need to change it?

4. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I have made few changes, among which an opening for the mount nut and slide in for the fan mount.

5. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

How did you guys attached the proximity sensor .... it seems not really possible without a redesign.

[​IMG]

6. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

PsyVision likes this.
  7. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

@Alex9779 @fpex Have you posted your files somewhere? I am about to dive into putting the Titan on as well.

8. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I missed it. Thanks a lot.

9. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nowhere yet because not officially released. If you want to have an STL contact me in a conversation...

Colin likes this.
  10. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

re. the Kickstarter e-mail:

why does the Pro to Pro-Titan upgrade kit contain 1m of PTFE ?

is it really necessary to replace the whole length when upgrading?

11. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

I also query the need for optional printed parts for the Dual upgrade as I assumed the kit would contain those anyway. The website order page does not offer the printed parts for the Dual but for the Pro, so I was confused . . . not difficult to do . . . but at 1:00am my excitement had pushed me into placing the order. I then found I could not put the kit in the basket without first selecting the extra motor!!! A phone call this morning put that to rights and I raised the printed parts issue for which I await a reply as the BB team were in a meeting. I'll post the result.

12. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok mounted the top carriage part with the lifted Titan.
    I can go now to X335 (I mounted them in the opposite way, extruder 0 right, extruder 1 left, so my actual X0 is X0, in Greg's firmware this is different).

IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0571.JPG
    7mm lifted, <1mm with the Titan case away from the case, main Titan gear not touching the case.

A cutout of the top case part would me not give anything more because the X carriage is away from the Y carriage <1mm. SO nothing to gain here...

I still miss 3mm!!! :D:D:D

This are the 3mm of the increased hotend offset. But like I told earlier in this thread to lower this again to 35mm I would have to change the fan duct. And that is something not so trivial with the "dumb" parts.

@Greg Holloway would it be possible for you to adjust only the dual fan duct to a hotend offset of 35mm again with your parametric parts? Maybe the dual for Volcano too? The other parts were quite easy to modify. ONLY IF IT DOES NOT ANNOY YOU AND YOU HAVE THE TIME! (This was not yelling, this was to emphasise that it was meant begging). Please? :rolleyes:

13. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

In reviewing the Titan Pro to Pro upgrade kit, it comes with o-rings and a 77mm silicone strip. Are those included in the Titan itself or are they extra? I ask because I bought a Titan from @elmoret and am printing the parts myself. Do I need to go buy these two items? If I do, will E3D sell them or do I need to source them elsewhere?

14. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

No one is going to "officially" release your part except you. I had this conversation with @Greg Holloway about the Bigbox dump mounting brackets that I uploaded. His point was that I wasn't releasing an e3d part, so it wasn't excluded from release. In my case, I was uploading a reworked bracket that was originally not a printed part; it was perspex/wood. But I think the concept remains. If it's not an e3d part, they probably don't mind if it's released.

15. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok this may be a legal discussion. But I would say "maybe"...
    The problem for me is that there is not license at the moment for those parts published... It is just a preview...
    And for the parts I did, i would say they are not mine, the modification is mine, but not the base part...

I already broke with it in the thread for the production spool upgrade. I published a changed part. And yes, if I understand Greg right then he (and E3D) has not problem with it.

But I am not sure if the forum is really the right place to do this.
    I did for the production spool because this is tested, simple, fail safe.
    The changed head was not yet tested, I made modification just for me, the velcro stuff, which make the parts maybe unusable for someone else.

But here they are, "Lifted" is for velcro strips of 11mm width, "Lifted 2" is for normal zip ties... And the wall between motor and Titan is only 2mm instead of 3mm of the original part. (Which worked best for me with my screws and in the official manual of the Titan we have "Mounting Screws for 2mm mounting plate." [M3x30 and M3x8] and "Mounting Screws for 7mm mounting plate." [M3x35 and M3x12])

Attached Files:

Paul Seccombe likes this.
  16. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

BTW @Greg Holloway why were the mounts for the zip ties always modelled in a way if you omit the spacer for the two ties and melt them for being only one always 11.05mm but not the lower left cable bracket on the Hybrid carriage? There is was 10.5mm 1mm short, so I changed that too...

17. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Not to worry! I’m happy to get some Titan upgrade kits in and ship you the parts you don’t have, for the difference in cost.
    The upgrade kit is 10GBP more than purchasing 2x Titans, which works out to ~$15 and gets you:
    • 2 x 1.75mm Bowden Adapters
    • 1m PTFE tubing
    • 1m GT2 Belt
    • 77mm Silicon strip
    • 3 x M2 hex half nuts
    • 2 x Nitrile rubber O-rings
    • Cable Ties

The printed parts for the hybrid printhead are 10GBP as well (so $15). I’m happy to order some of those in as well.
    Do note that these are on preorder, so I’m not sure when they’ll be available. If you’re interested, let me know (contact form on the Filastruder site is best) and I’ll grab some in my next order. I order from E3D weekly, so I’m sure the order will be in before these are off pre-order status.

18. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

@elmoret thanks for the parts already, but do I need new O-rings and the Silicone strip? I didn't get those already. If so can I order through you?

19. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

20. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

This is what I need to know as well.