SOLVED BigBox Dual 1.1 with Hybrid Titan Upgrade

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Brandon Hart, May 25, 2016.

1. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ya the build manual is a bit messy. Assembled means not mounted but in step 20. you have to mount it though this is for the old dual or pro setup...

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think you are supposed to skip step 19 because when you get there you should think "I have no single direct drive, so skip, same for step 20, you have no dual direct drive and go straight to step 21. There is also the steps included to assemble the hotends...
    IMHO the guide needs an overhaul for better navigation, at the moment it is very based on that a user knows what he has and wants to build... A note that there are other possibilities where needed for example at the first topic to assemble the print head would help to guide the user to the right direction....

3. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

It's important to get the right length as it may rise up leaving a void at the bottom that, on retraction, will drag melted filament into it and cause a jam. It will fit if you are using stock parts.

4. Brandon Hart

Brandon Hart Member

Agreed. 83mm PTFE fit just fine on my BB Dual Hybrid Titan setup. I'd be concerned that a 72mm PTFE is far too short and likely to cause issues.

5. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Ok anyway you can remove the Titan Mount, thing which is monuted with 2 M4 screws and assamle the Titan outside of the BigBox. Then put it back and then PTFE Tube should easiely slide in the Extruder. Tighten the 2 M4 screws and continue.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Using 83mm as well on my Hybrid Titan Direct.

7. jet

jet Well-Known Member

My flash is v1.1.0 RC4, I should upgrade this to RC6 for the Hybrid, correct? Edit: Right now I'm not getting any temperatures from the hotends and a MINTEMP error on the bed, but maybe I have wiring problems or RUMBA config issues?

#47 jet, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  8. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

RC4... is this a new official BigBox Firmware, I did not notice a Release.
    If this is a Stock Marlin you have to do some modifications to pin assignment.

Or use one of Alex9779s RC6 Builds I can confirm that BigBox/Dual/RC-Titan-Hybrid-MBL is working fine, I did not run into any issues yet.

9. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

The firmware Greg posted on Dropbox for the Hybrid was also RC4...

10. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

I'm wonder... how did you learn about that RC4?

11. gearmesh

gearmesh Well-Known Member

OK. I will try again. The top of my tube does fill the void completely. My problem is on the otherside of the tube. Getting the tube to seat properly in the hot end. I notice on my 2nd hotend the tube slides in freely but in the hotend I used on the titan it doesn't slide in easily. I have tried multiple cuts of tubing and I have the same issue.

12. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Check that you have not distorted the heat break, as that will restrict the path. Also, remove the Bowden clip to check as this may be closing up but don't forget to replace it!

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Extra parts!

14. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

What are you going to do with that "old" IR bracket?

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

...the metal gasket is what I'm really wondering about. I figured the printed part was for a 1.0 system and included by mistake.

16. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ahhh ok, you said "extra parts" so I thought you meant both... I remember someone trying to fit that old one to the new carriage, just wanted to prevent you from making this error...

17. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

Y axis motor vibration dampener ...

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing that in the build instructions or did we get a free "Astrosyn damper" mentioned in (14) Y-Axis Motor Mount?

19. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is not "free" it is now part of the BB kit... The drawing unfortunately does not show the dampener, the photo has it but not obvious as it is somehow hidden between the motor and the mount. But you can see that the motor does not touch the mount, there has to be something between. That is the dampener...

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

...and I always rely on the mechanical drawings and only look at photos of the drawings are missing. Easy enough to put it on tomorrow while I'm waiting on my replacement bed.