bigbox resets randomly

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by lance, Sep 9, 2016.

1. lance

lance Well-Known Member

so ive noticed that the odd time my bigbox will just reset itself, like it was turned off and back on immediately. this never happens while it is printing. sometimes it happens while im doing a homing command, or individually moving axis, or just scrolling through the LCD screen...

2. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Is this pretty soon after you have just turned it on? Mine resets when OctoPrint takes over for some reason

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is normal, initiating serial connections resets the board. Though there are circumstances where it does not, if you just disconnect Octorpint and then reconnect the board is not reset. But a first connect after power on will always reset...

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

The Ethernet cable goes into the Pi. The Pi starts with or without the cable and if OctoPrint is set up to connect to the box on startup then the reset is plausible. 20 seconds sound also reasonable for OctoPrint to start.
    Check the connection settings in OctoPrint and disable the option to connect to the printer on start...

cez likes this.
  5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry @lance people hijacked your thread...
    I have no idea what your problem could be, any cable running right above the reset button on the board so it is pushed accidentally?
    You got the RUMBA connected with USB to something?Pi or computer? If it is a computer check that this does not connect to the RUMBA automatically...

6. lance

lance Well-Known Member

i do have octoprint attached to it, that could be the issue. i'll have to check it out. thanks for the info!

7. A Dragon In A Pie Costume

A Dragon In A Pie Costume Well-Known Member

try taking the iec cable out and back in, push on it to make sure there's contact