BigBox Situation Update

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Greg Holloway, May 11, 2016.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

@Greg Holloway I have a BigBox Kickstarter edition 1.0 Dual, I understand things progress but what I would like to know is if/when all the parts that allow me to upgrade my 1.0 version will be available:
    1. Motor damper (I realise these can be purchased elsewhere but I bought the BB through E3D and want to purchase as much as I can using the sane components from E3D)
    2. Top acrylic frame (I have messaged you separately as I believe I have a fault with one of my bits of Acrylic, perhaps I could purchase the upgraded parts and have them all sent at once?)
    NOTE: I have already purchased the Dual Titan upgrade pack but decided to print out my own parts.

2. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

We will be adding the dampener to the website soon. The updated 1.1 top is not directly compatible with the 1.0 frame as there have been numerous changes. It's not that much of an issue and can be overcome by printing a slightly different top bracket | https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1515488

Alex9779 and Jeremy Naglich like this.
  3. Hans C.

Hans C. Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, isn't it?

4. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Well-Known Member

@Greg Holloway can we get some more cool pictures of the units being stacked ready for shipping, or other fun pictures :)

5. Archania

Archania Well-Known Member

Anything but a video of @Sanjay trying to beat up filament :)

6. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

I have two extra octoprint cables @Greg Holloway I can send you guys :D

7. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hell didn't get you linked my thing at first :p:D:D:D

mike01hu likes this.
  8. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

I understand being impatient but I dislike the unrespectful tone in a few comments.

You do not know how much E3D has been working and everything has to be done in order of priorities. Thing will always be forgotten in the heat of time.

You are still waiting for "pre orders". They are just what the word means. Ordered before everything is complete and all the logistics are in place.

Stefan and Chase.Wichert like this.
  9. Archania

Stian, people just wanted an update on what's going on. When your told 5 weeks back in Jan when you "pre-ordered" then it jumped to 8 weeks then to months. You have the right to complain. After all they have our money. Just like at a restaurant. You prefer order your food expecting something in a timely manner. When you don't get it, you complain.
    It isn't that you don't think they are not busting their asses off, its just you where told something then heard nothing.
    Which is the worst. Hearing nothing. If they said "ah crap, the stuff we ordered is back ordered and we can't fill your order for 2 weeks." Then its up to you to decide if you want to wait or get a refund.
    Communication is what was lacking and from the update is going to improve.
    We all value what they are doing or we wouldn't be here.

10. Stian Indal Haugseth

I think they have written good updates now and then but there is always room to improve.

Buy I would not go in to a restaurant and preorder food before the restaurant has finished redecorating the kitchen. I would expect a preorder to become delayed because that is what often happen. And keeping quiet is a sign of being busy.

11. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

... or the quiet is because all the staff in the restaurant have run out the back door.. :)

I know it is not always easy to get the right tone from text on a page, they have never lost our respect for the product they have developed, if they had we would not be here. They did lose respect for the business process they were following and the way they were communicating, but the recent posts have regained that respect again.

Now they just have to keep up the communications and hit their new targets to keep that level of trust in place.

12. Archania

I am trying to get more money together to buy some Edge and scaffold material! Damn paycheck isn't coming quick enough...

13. Stian Indal Haugseth

Saw their update now. Sounds like they have done some redecorating :D

If I wasn't drooling on a €1600 robotic lawnmower I'd buy an extra Bigbox.

14. Archania

robotic lawnmower? I got kids for that and they cost way more then a bigbox... lol

15. orcinus

orcinus Well-Known Member

Guys, please change your linear bearing supplier.
    The replacement bearing you've (graciously) sent me when i complained about one of the original ones being horribly gritty is somehow even worse. It's like sliding gravel wrapped in sandpaper over the rod.

I understand keeping the costs down is a huge part of the equation, but maybe there's another cheap supplier with less variance in their stock?

Anyways, i'm fine, i'll order some replacements online, just saying - it's kinda ridiculous to wait for bearings with half the frame undone.

16. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

I changed 2 Z-axis bearings (to Misumi's) last week and it improved my prints enormously.

Have just changed the other two "good" ones and each one made a perceptible difference to the smoothness of the Z axis.

Don't know about the X and Y but first class bearings for the Z seem essential to get the benefits of this amazing design which I can see from the reviews (and the prints) is printing way better than new the Taz 6 !

(Also notice the pictures of the piece of plastic that Sanjay smashed up for the Edge launch: horrible Z banding which am pretty certain is bearing related.)

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

part number, please?

18. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

LMUW8

19. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

Ordered me a set.

And idea where I could source better bearings for the other ones?

#79 theTroll527, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  20. GrodanB

GrodanB Well-Known Member

Recommend retailer in Europe?