BigBox Unwrapped

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by PsyVision, Dec 27, 2015.

1. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi All,

Finally back home after Christmas and have got my BigBox open and had a look at all the various parts. I've written a blog post with quite a few photos (not all the best quality as I just wanted to quickly see everything inside):

http://richardcaunt.co.uk/bigbox3d-unwrapped/

I can't do a build live stream as I've hurt my thigh and have the wound open to the air but will take pictures and videos as I go, either later today or tomorrow.

Any updates will be posted here via my blog.

Cheers!

JohnEsc and Pierce like this.
  2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

What is impressive (daunting) is that in one box I saw "Bag #16"... The fact that there is a bag #16... I'm just fishing the basic assembly of my X-Carve, and this may have more parts! (although physically at least this thing fits on a workbench for assembly!

3. UlrichKliegis

UlrichKliegis Well-Known Member

Am I the only one for whom the embedded images in your blog text appear just for a glimpse and then disappear and have gone? Strange. Never seen that before or elsewhere.
    Writing a comment there was blocked by an overcurious Google-log-in.

4. K3LAG

K3LAG Active Member

I got the slate gray and chili red combo also. I can't wait to see how yours looks as I don't think I'll be seeing mine for a while yet.

5. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

That all looks reassuringly well packed and nice quality. The fact that the z axis screw might be straight will come as somewhat of a blessing to those of us that started with k8200s, as we know only too well what a bent one does to the print quality :)

Chris Toast likes this.
  6. mhe

mhe Active Member

These pictures look so tasty, makes the wait even harder. I'm backer #43, hope they ship soon, but so far, nothing.

7. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Thats disappointing to hear :(

8. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Henry - I think there's 17 bags with numbers on them in that one box. There's plenty more without numbers and lots of components in total.

Ulrich - It's new blog software to me (Ghost) but it seems to work okay, and for others; the image host is imgur.com

Kanedias - I'm sure you'll get it soon!

I have so far only built some of the brackets and idlers as I have had family commitments, a Lego Technic build and an Xbox to contend with.