BL Touch Wiring Help?

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Syko_Symatic, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

Evening all,

I have noted that when trying to wire in the BL touch the 5v+ and GND are already taken by the PT100 (dual). Is there another set of pins I can use? Can I still use the PWM pin?

Has anyone set this up on their dual and could they give me some guidance?

Thanks all in advance.

2. Syko_Symatic

Could I connect it to the Z-Max like the Geeetech 3D Touch? Obviously the pins would be different but I should be able to define those as per the Geeetech instructions. Hmm... Thoughts?

3. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Given that this is effectively a Z- end stop, shouldn't you be plugging it in there, in place of the existing Z- optical end-stop?

4. Syko_Symatic

Yes and no. It replaces the existing end stop but the servo that drives the pin requires a PWM pin and a 5v and gnd. It does have 2 wires going to the existing z- end stop but I'm not concerned with those.

I am currently going to use the 5v source just below and to the right of the exp3 pins they have a constant out of 4.88v so I am assuming they should be fine! If anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

5. Syko_Symatic

OK so I am in desperate need of help! I have followed all the guides, triple checked the code and the wiring but I can not get the BLtouch to fire the pin. When the BigBox turns on it does its self test without issue but when I send any commands to fire the pin manually nothing happens!

I have checked all the connections for continuity and they work fine as well as checking the board connections and they all work and match up as they should. I think my issue lies in the pin definition. I have identified that I have 1 servo in the configuration.h and that it is Z. I have defined the signal/servo pin as Servo0_PIN 5 (which I believe is the 3rd pin from the right at the top of the exp3 pins). This must be where I am going wrong but for the life of me I can not figure it out!

Please can someone help!!

6. W1EBR.Gene

W1EBR.Gene Well-Known Member

I think the servo pin should go to the bottom row, 3rd from the right on EXP3. That is how the diagram I have from bltouch shows the connection.

Syko_Symatic likes this.
  7. Syko_Symatic

Yes you are correct the diagram was right though you can also use any unused pins from the existing end stop pins. My main issue was that my firmware was not flashing or being flashed properly. Once I sorted that out the problem was solved.