Blank LCD after leaving the printer for the night

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Attila, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Attila

Attila Member

Hi!

I had a printer job in progress and left the printer for the night, when today I came to the office the print was finished, print head was in parking position.

I copied some new gcode files to the SD card and when I inserted it I noticed that I've a blank LCD.

I tried the basic on/off things, lcd cable on/off from rhumba.

I even reflashed with XLoader, at least flashing seems to work!

Here is a video about the booting, but - as a beginner - I don't see any unusual.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19625507/Video.mp4

When I turn the know and push it, I get the clicking sound, but that's it.

Any tips welcome!

Thanks,
    Attila

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think is either the contrast pot on the display board needs tweaking (though why it would drift like that I am not sure) or a bad LCD to rumba cable (or its the display board itself)

3. Attila

Attila Member

After I setup the Arduino dev env to see the terminal communication, I saw that it properly talks with the host, so luckily not a failed Rumba I have!

I removed the LCD screen from the enclosure, reset it a few times then removed the front Acryl panel from the LCD to get access to the contrast pot and suddenly I saw the screen...

So yes, that pot went somehow off...

Now I can print ;-)

When I got back to write this reply saw your suggestion @drjeep which was a right guess ;-)