Blockage on brand new Prusa MK2s kit.

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Boris Glasserman, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Boris Glasserman

Boris Glasserman New Member

Hi. I have the kit for 3 days only and experiencing magor clogging issues on long prints. On some point during the print extrusion stops. I tried everything. After uload and reload filament it start working but get blocked again after 2 hrs of print. I am printing with Prusa branded PLA and used multiple slicers with Prusa recommended settings. I was told by someone who had similar issue when his printer was closed in inclosure and solved it by leaving it open during print with PLA. I too have the printer in enclosure and wonder if this really can cause the issue.
    The cold end is cooled by stock prusa fan that us working fine. Please help.

2. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

The problem here is than an enclosed chamber prevents the hotend from being cooled as much as it should. The temperature in the enclosed chamber can rise quite significantly, and as the air used to cool the hotend becomes warmer, the filament can melt too far up and jam. Not using the enclosed chamber might solve some of your issues. I would also advice checking retractions (recommend no more than 2mm).

mike01hu likes this.