Blower Fan Packed UP

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Mark Curry, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Mark Curry

Mark Curry Well-Known Member

Anyone know who stock these? I can only see a 50mm blower on the E3D site....?

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Contact E3D support see if they can help, is there anything in terms of part numbers on the fan itself. I seem to remember others saying they weren't super easy to source (as in that combination of size and voltage)

Another thing is a few people had problems with broken wires on some solder joints on the fan body. Might be worth gently lifting the label and looking at the terminals behind (unless the failure is obviously mechanical like the bearing has gone)

3. Mark Curry

Thanks I have resoldered the wire that came off but the fan didn't work afterward. Send e3d a mail on Sunday but no response yet (as you mentioned may be uk holiday delay). Managed to find an equivalent blower although bushed no bearing and am up and running again. Will see what E3D say when they respond...

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately I think I know the answer (because I asked them myself some weeks ago), they are not selling those fans individually at the moment... You have to find different sources like eBay or Amazon...

5. Mark Curry

Thanx Alex , suspect your right..

6. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

That's a bit odd, I think there is (maybe) a legal and certainly a moral obligation to supply spares in some form to people that buy the kits, particularly when the part fails within what would be a statutory warranty period.

Though the legal standing would be different for people that bought the KS edition to people that preordered as technically the KS reward has no warranty other than what E3D decide to do in good faith. :)

7. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I don't mind that they aren't selling it, as long as they point you to an identical part. When I asked about the USB internal cable (since I externalized my pi) they pointed me to the part on Amazon. That works for me.

8. Mark Curry

They got back to me and will ship one! Good service!

9. Mark Curry

New blower Fan has arrived FEDEX'd from the UK! Awesome support from E3D!