BMG + Mosquito + Tool Changer

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by Ntesla66, Oct 24, 2019.

1. irumbo mateene

Hi almost ready to use toolchanger using your design should be printing with it by March. Had to upgrade my prusa mk3s before I could focus on toolchanger.

Dealing with last minute snafus. At the moment but my focus is now on toolchanger so it will move quickly now

garethky likes this.
  2. irumbo mateene

I will be happy to do so. Going to order fan.. I will keep you posted and will try and visit this forum more often.

garethky likes this.
  3. garethky

garethky Well-Known Member

Development branch updates with the past 2 weekends of work. New part cooling nozzle. 2 options for mounting the 5015 fan, one with screws and the other with silicone soft mounts. And the 40mm fan duct has been reworked to be sturdier and easier to print without supports. Oh and a user requested enhancement: the filament path is now a little bit wider.

I'm still not 100% satisfied with any of it but its is all an improvement.

irumbo mateene likes this.
  4. copperbricks

copperbricks Member

Hi Gareth, thanks for all the hard work! Any chance you'd be able to release the Onshape or a .step assembly of your newest revision? I'm interested in implementing some of your revisions but need the source file in order to make the changes needed for my printer.

Here are some photos of how I have them implemented: (having a hard time with hosting images but I think you should be able to see them if you follow the link to a separate page then reload it.)

5. garethky

garethky Well-Known Member

The model is in OnShape, this should be a link to mainline that has the latest changes: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2...c17?configuration=List_YmUAIS4akPhhWJ=Default . Its free to use and you can export .STEP from there.

6. Alexander Dondysh

Admire your work, can not wait to try it out.

7. Alexander Dondysh

What are the printer settings for your latest design?
    Extruder body, Motor plate, etc...?
    What material do you recommend for fan shrouds?