Bulldog Lite Metal extruder and E3D v5 Direct drive

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by MartinAM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. MartinAM

MartinAM Member

Hey.
    I and my friend have E3D v5 direct Hotends and Bulldog Lite Extruders from reprapdiscount.

So far so good. But I don't know if the problem is on the Bulldog side or E3D side but when we mount v5 hotend on extruder it does not lock properly.
    There are small diameter differences between Bulldog hot end mount and E3D v5 mounting diameter. So there is impossible to get a tight fit and hotend is loose.

Comparing with J-Head hotend which fits perfectly it has to be E3D hotend that has different diameter then J-Head. Is that a production accuracy problem or the diameter between E3d v5 and J-Head is different?

I attached a file to show which mounting diameter I am talking about.

I think it would be nice to get same diameter on E3D as it is on J-Head as E3D is a great hot end, but I am not sure if that even possible....

Martin

Attached Files:

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

The E3D is different than the JHead, always has been.
    When I use the E3D in a jhead mount, I insert a small washer on top of the E3D to fill in the small difference in height.
    If you give that a try I think you will find it works well.

3. MartinAM

MartinAM Member

Aaa. Thank you for clearing it up for me. :)

I will try to put something between.

4. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

My local Ace hardware sells thin fender washers that are close to the diameter of the top of the E3D, that is what I use and it
    works great.