Calibrating the PT100's

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Steven, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

Can someone remind me how to re-calibrate the PT100 sensors? I think it was a PID autotune of sorts.

My new replacement PT100 sensor wont stabilize at the desired temp. So it never comes out of "heating....." to start the print.

2. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

3. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Depending on the firmware you are using you should find the PID Auto-tune option under LCD/Control/Temperature. Don't forget to save to memory after running it.

4. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I was able to run PID autotune via the Octopi. and saved its results.
    Looks good so far, except half way thru a 45min part, the filament feed stopped due to the titan hobbed gear dug a wedge thru the filament.
    Whats the best way to stop that?
    The titan idle bar tension nut is not very tight.

5. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

One thing I find with E3D V6 in general (not just on the BB) is that if your retraction distance is too high then it causes a clog which results in the extruder skipping. Usually this will happen at a consistent part in the model where there are lots of retractions. Are you using stock S3D settings or something else. and what filament ?

6. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I'm using RapetierHost as i hated S3D.
    For filament it's happened to all that I use... PLA, HiTempPLA, ABS, PETG.
    I'll look in the settings so see if i can adjust and lower retraction. My un-informed guess would be when the filament is retracted, then forward, the teeth slip and then dig and dig and dig.

7. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Set your retraction to about1.5mm and no more than 2mm. What happens is that a long retraction drags the melted filament into the heat break tube where it solidifies and the filament jams against it, the hob then turns without moving the filament, hence the groove in the filament.

8. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

My RapetierHost config for that extruder was set to 1mm.