Calibration cube issues

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by matt hanson, Feb 1, 2018.

1. matt hanson

matt hanson Member

I can't seem to figure out what is going on with this duel color cube. The black portion seems to always have the weird defects on the corners. I noticed this when I printed the leveling tool for the duel extruder. The orange seems to come out perfect. I would assume if it were a mechanical issue with wobble or belts it would happen with the orange as well. Anyone have any suggestions at what I should be looking for ? I really would like to get this thing dialed in so I can start making some Sheriff badges to pass out to the kids ... But man this thing sure is finicky:)

2. matt hanson

matt hanson Member

Oops images are coming

3. matt hanson

matt hanson Member

4. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

What kind of extruder setup are you using? Also, what materials are these in detail? Even the "same" materials can have somewhat different properties just because of different colors sometimes.

5. matt hanson

matt hanson Member

I actually figured out my issue was a speed issue coupled with loose screws on the bed assembly. Those screws seem to come loose after a few prints. just wasn't showing as bad with the orange filiment. It was with some cheap pla from microcenter.

6. mhe

mhe Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out in the end!